K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
The mission of WAVA is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Speech-Language Pathologist assesses, diagnoses, treats and helps to prevent communication and swallowing disorder in children experiencing communication problems that affect classroom activities, social interaction, literacy and learning.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
· Screens, evaluates, and provides speech-language therapy for students with identified speech-language impairments; Documents student performance;
· Provide support to student support team (SST)/response to intervention (RTI) processes;
· Provides case management of speech-only caseload;
· Monitors compliance for speech-only case managers;
· Monitors compliance with regulations;
· Instructs students/families in the use of appropriate communication technologies (specifically alternative augmentative communication devices) for the purpose of minimizing the adverse educational impact of communication disorders and improving student success in the classroom;
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER Duties & Responsibilities: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
· Maintains files and/or records, e.g. progress reports, activity logs, treatment plans, reports, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of information as required for reference and/or compliance;
· Participates in meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Master's degree in speech language pathology AND
· Three (3) years of speech/language work experience OR
· Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: Speech-Language Pathology license
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Highly knowledgeable about Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) due process requirements
· Thorough knowledge and skill in conducting/interpreting comprehensive speech-language evaluations
· Thorough knowledge and skill in providing speech-language therapy services
· Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members to plan and deliver speech-language services to children
· Ability to create and deliver staff development
· Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Computer Software: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Web proficiency.
· Ability to travel 20of time for meetings, professional development, etc.
· Ability to pass background check requirements
· Knowledge/experience with virtual classrooms
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This is a home-based position
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
for consideration, please apply directly to: https://re21.ultipro.com/KIN1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*AACEB72A3BF3B4E5
Contact: Jill Arnzen, Sr. Recruiter email@example.com